Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login with Steam   Create Account  

Build Me A PC

Greyson_ Wrote:
Twist Wrote:This is just a simple build that I got when I was first getting a new Desktop. I would recomend over time that you upgrade if you want to play ARMA 3 though (as everyone else has said) Although it does exclude extras e.g; Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse. The total adds up to $853.00 AUD
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2H7zvV">http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2H7zvV</a><!-- m -->

Does that include a Heat sink and Thermal Paste? Also why is an SSD not in there?

That processor comes with a heat sink and thermal past pre applied (I believe)

And tbh I really don't think you need an ssd because your budget doesn't leave much room for it without compromise elsewhere and what would you put on there, the OS and jc2?? Because putting any source game on an ssd is a bad idea, because whenever you join a server you download their content and your ssd will fill up quick.
"Event Staff"

Yellowlightning Wrote:
Greyson_ Wrote:
Twist Wrote:This is just a simple build that I got when I was first getting a new Desktop. I would recomend over time that you upgrade if you want to play ARMA 3 though (as everyone else has said) Although it does exclude extras e.g; Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse. The total adds up to $853.00 AUD
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2H7zvV">http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2H7zvV</a><!-- m -->

Does that include a Heat sink and Thermal Paste? Also why is an SSD not in there?

That processor comes with a heat sink and thermal past pre applied (I believe)

And tbh I really don't think you need an ssd because your budget doesn't leave much room for it without compromise elsewhere and what would you put on there, the OS and jc2?? Because putting any source game on an ssd is a bad idea, because whenever you join a server you download their content and your ssd will fill up quick.

I think it's always better to have both a ssd and hdd these days. The price for a Decent sized drive is pretty cheap and it will let you log onto Windows in a few seconds rather than minutes .(although, the more recent windows seem to be a lot better optimised than XP and 7.) having secondary storage is also good for if your OS poops itself and you need to restart. (The latest windows will uninstall everything, even with a refresh install) so you don't need to spend all your data and time reinstalling all your torrented games and movies. You can't have backups on a single 1tb HDD as well. Space will be limited and putting backups on the storage medium you're trying to protect is like putting yourself in a group of sick people thinking that you won't get sick.
"Make Pussydom great again" ~ Unknown Circa 2016.
First, last and only staff chosen by the great ex-manager Juicy

(This post was last modified: Tuesday, 10-01-2017, 06:33 PM by noumi448.)

I wouldn't be looking for a graphics card that can run ARMA 3 since some pretty basic cards can run it well. Even a 1080 will get massive frame drop since the game isn't optimized for dog shit. Depends on the server and where abouts on the map you are.
Joey

Previous ranks:
Cringe God

(This post was last modified: Friday, 13-01-2017, 12:19 AM by Nick Jeffson.)

Just make do with what you can at such a low budget, you'll be pretty underwhelmed by the performance you'll find in this price range, however you can make the upgrades you want later, the i3 and 960 is a good combination, however an i3 is going to be a bottleneck for the card in games such as GTA & BF4 which demand high CPU usage and you may see stuttering due to the duo core, also you will find much more reliability and performance from a 1060 or an RX 480 if you have the extra cash, either are good it just depends on if you mind switching to AMD and their lower tier software, however these two cards perform very similarly. If possible, go for a low tier I5 such as the 4460 which is at an affordable price point of $250 in most stores, will perform significantly better then the i3 in general and definitely in games. Although an SSD vs HDD is one of the most satisfying upgrades you can have in a PC build, it is also the least important, and should definitely be the last thing to consider, if it gets in the way of you getting a better CPU and GPU, don't do it. In terms of motherboard options, don't go crazy, at that point your simply paying for more USB ports and ram/pcie slots, which DOES NOT matter, all you need is one PCIE slot in your case and 2 ram slots for either an 8GB or even 16GB configuration if you want. ASRock has great budget options, such as the H81 series which I highly recommend for $75-80.
Just my quick input. Hope you can make your mind on what you want to go for.